CORE is a Christ-centered service program for high school students ages 14-19.
- Building and demonstrating strong CHARACTER
- Participating in community OUTREACH
both inside and outside of CWorks
- Taking RESPONSIBILTY
for the world around us
- Pursuing EXCELLENCE
so that we can glorify God in all that we do!
takes leadership to the next level through leadership training and community service. Students will explore biblical leadership and collaborate together or meet in small groups to develop, plan and implement CORE service projects throughout the 2021-2022 year. CORE students develop relationships and skills to impact the world around them. Involvement in at least one previous semester and one current season semester required (camp, class or shows count as involvement in a semester).
We will meet once a month in person throughout the year. Our goal is to have meetings outdoors. Smaller project teams may have occasion to meet for planning.
(If you are applying, please tentatively hold all CORE meeting/ event dates on your calendar. To remain in CORE, students are only allowed 2 meeting absences during the entire year. Due to the lingering pandemic, our CWorks schedule is forthcoming so there may be a few changes in the new year. We will be flexible if those changes create new conflicts.)
2021: October 9, November 6
2022: January 22, February 12, March 19 or 26, April 23
Operation Christmas Child Boxes
Youth Life Fun Fridays
Cup of Hope - May 2022
Kingsway and North Run Food Pantry Drives
Step up for Down Syndrome/Night to Shine Events: Oct. 16, TBD (Princesses)
$25 Annual Program Fee to supplement project supplies and needs (ex: mailing the Operation Christmas Child Boxes)
- To create an environment at CWorks that encourages all students to pursue an excellent, biblical lifestyle
- To grow students' leadership capacity and character
- To provide spiritual leadership in and among CWorks students
- To build bridges between different age groups, social groups and locations of CWorks
- To reach the community with acts of service
- To provide wholesome and fun teen fellowship
- Attend scheduled meetings (currently virtual)
- Explore biblical leadership in the Scriptures
- Plan and participate in CORE service projects
- Ages 14-19 (must be high school student)
- Displays teaching, serving, and/or leadership potential
- Commit to CORE for the entire program
- Maintains good rapport with all people in CWorks
- Honor the mission, values and statement of faith of CWorks
CORE students will meet virtually once a month on Saturday evenings from 6:30-9 p.m. Small group outdoor meetings may be added for various project planning.
$25 Annual Program Fee to supplement projects (like Shoebox shipping)
- Students - fill out online application form.
- If this is your first time applying, please send one reference letter/email per the instructions found on the application (references must be received by the application deadline).
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance via email before the first meeting.