Volunteers are a valued and essential part of every CharacterWorks production! The gift of your time and efforts is so important that CWorks wants to make sure to place you carefully according to your skills, your preferences (where possible) and your availability. Once you are assigned a job, you will be contacted by the chairperson of the committee to which you are assigned and they will rely on your assistance. Please check your calendar carefully so that you communicate your availability accurately. Then fill out the Volunteer Application form, remembering to read the rules and regulations listed below. If you are under 18 your parent must give permission and provide contact information. Thank you for offering to be a blessing to CharacterWorks!
Volunteer Registration Dates for the 2019-2020 Season:
: Registration begins September 17 and closes October 1. Volunteers notified by October 4.
Disney's Frozen JR.
: Registration begins October 22 and closes November 5. Volunteers notified by November 8.
Seussical the Musical
: Registration begins January 7 and closes January 21. Volunteers notified by January 24.
Roald Dahl's Matilda the Musical
: Registration begins January 28 and closes February 9. Volunteers notified by February 12.
Disney's Aladdin JR.
: Registration begins April 21 and closes May 5. Volunteers notified by May 8.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
: Registration begins May 26 and closes June 9. Volunteers notified by June 12.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
: Registration begins July 9 and closes July 16. Volunteers will be notified by July 19.
Disney's My Son Pinocchio JR.
: Registration begins July 31 and closes August 6. Volunteers will be notified by August 9.
Rules and Requirements
- No one under the age of 15 will be allowed on stage at any point. Therefore, volunteers must be over 15+ to work on Stage Crew and Props.
- Volunteers who work in the backstage area (costumes, tech, or make-up) must be at least 13 years old (14 years old for Masters Camp/Show Camp volunteers).
- It is preferred that volunteers work all rehearsals, but required that they work at least two tech rehearsals.
- It is required that volunteers be able to work at least two performances.
- Students under 13 years of age may not fill out this application and are not allowed in any backstage area, but (1) may help in lobby and house area, (2) must be individually supervised by their parent and (3) must be approved by stage manager and/or show coordinator (please email email@example.com with any questions).
- All volunteers are expected to be on time when they are scheduled to work, and may not be in the backstage area when they are not scheduled to work. Volunteers are expected to report to the committee chair when they arrive and will complete tasks as instructed.
- CWorks will provide a name tag for each volunteer who has been scheduled to work. Volunteers must wear their name tag at all times while on duty. Volunteers who are designated “stage crew” and “props” must dress in all black with closed-toe shoes.
- Makeup volunteers will work either in the makeup room or the greenroom according to the instructions of the committee chairperson.
- All volunteers will be respectful to all adults: CWorks staff, cast, parents, and facility employees.
- If a volunteer is over the age of 18, they must also fill out the CharacterWorks Policies of Conduct form (sent with acceptances).
- Failure to comply with these rules may result in a volunteer being sent home and removed from the crew.
- CWorks may not be able to assign everyone to a job this time. If this is the case, please reapply to volunteer for one of our future productions
- Please know everyone who volunteers to help with a show will fall into one of two categories – either they are a parent and will have a parent name badge, or they need to fill out the volunteer form and will be given a volunteer name badge, even if they are not technically a student.
Applications for FROZEN JR.
are now being accepted. Applications close at midnight on November 5. Volunteers will be notified by November 8 of their acceptance and assignment.