CharacterWorks is asking all staff and families to abide by the CDC's recommended exposure and quarantine protocol, described below:
Quarantine if you have been in close contact
(within 6 feet of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone who has COVID-19, unless you have been fully vaccinated
. People who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms
. However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative.
Anyone who has had close contact
with someone with COVID-19 should stay home for 10 days (without testing) or 7 days (after receiving a negative test result from a test that occurs on day 5 or later). However, anyone who has had close contact with someone with COVID-19 and who meets the following criteria does NOT need to stay home:
- Someone who has been fully vaccinated and shows no symptoms of COVID-19. However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative.
I think or know I had COVID-19, and I had symptoms
- Someone who has COVID-19 illness within the previous 3 months and
- Has recovered and
- Remains without COVID-19 symptoms (for example, cough, shortness of breath)”
You can be around others after:
*Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation
- 10 days since symptoms first appeared and
- 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
- Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving*
Note that these recommendations do not apply to people with severe COVID-19 or with weakened immune systems (immunocompromised).
I tested positive for COVID-19 but had no symptoms
If you continue to have no symptoms, you can be with others after 10 days have passed since you had a positive viral test for COVID-19. If you develop symptoms after testing positive, follow the guidance above for “I think or know I had COVID-19, and I had symptoms.”
Read More from the CDC