Rooted in the Word
“Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.” Colossians 2:6-7
is a Christ-centered discipleship and community service program for high school CharacterWorks students. In ROOTS, CWorks students will learn about biblical servitude while rooting their faith in God's Word. Much like CORE before it, ROOTS will host monthly meetings in which to study God's word, and will provide service opportunities throughout the year.
- Rooted in the Word: Studying
the Bible to gain a firm foundation upon which to build one's faith.
- Branching out to others: Serving
those inside and outside CharacterWorks with humility and grace, behind the scenes first.
- Growing toward Christ: Seeking
to know God better in order to cultivate one's faith.
MEETING & SERVICE PROJECT DATES
- The study God's word and be rooted in truth
- To create an environment at CWorks that encourages all students to pursue an excellent, biblical lifestyle
- To grow students' servant hearts and character
- To build bridges between different age groups, social groups and locations of CWorks
- To reach the community with acts of service
- To provide wholesome and fun teen fellowship
Meetings will be held on Saturday evenings after show rehearsals from 6:30-9:00PM. If you are applying, please tentatively hold all ROOTS dates on your calendar. To remain in ROOTS, students are only allowed 2 meeting absences during the entire year.
- Saturday, September 30 (Kick-off Meeting)
- Saturday, October 28 (Fall Meeting)
- Saturday, November 18 (Meeting - Operation Christmas Child Project)
- Saturday, January 13 (Winter Meeting - Shindig Planning)
- Saturday, January 20 (Winter Wonderland Shindig)
- Saturday, March 23 (Spring Meeting)
- Saturday, April 20 (Cup of Hope)
- Saturday, May 11 (End of Year Meeting)
$25 Annual Dues, which provide members a ROOTS t-shirt and sticker to each member, and supplement project supplies and needs (ex: mailing Operation Christmas Child boxes).
- Attend scheduled meetings
- Plan and participate in ROOTS community service projects
- Explore biblical service in the Scriptures
- High school student
- Displays a heart to grow in their Christian faith and to serve others
- Commit to ROOTS for the entire school year
- Maintains good rapport with all people in CWorks
- Honor the mission, values and statement of faith of CWorks
- Has been involved in at least one CWorks session prior to the 2022-2023 school year, and plans to be involved in at least one session during the 2022-2023 school year (camp, class or shows count as involvement in a session)
- Students - fill out online application form. Applications are due by midnight of September 26, 2023. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues with the deadline.
- If this is your first time applying, please send one reference letter/email per the instructions found on the application (references must be received by the application deadline).
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance via email before the first meeting.
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8
"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper." (Psalms 1:1-3, ESV)